The Factory OH&S Policies
Statement of Intent
The Occupational Health and Safety Policy of The Factory is to protect employees and others at our workplace and customer sites across WA from work-caused injury and ill health and to comply with all relevant safety legislation.
As an employer, I am responsible for making sure the workplace is safe and healthy.
- Making sure the work is done is safe and does not affect anyone’s health.
- Making sure the tools, equipment and machinery are safe.
- Making sure the ways of storing, transporting or working with dangerous materials is safe and does not damage employee’s health.
- Consult with employees directly or through the safety officer about health and safety in the workplace.
- Check the workplace regularly and keep records of all my checks and any accidents that may have occurred.
As an employee, you are responsible for making sure the workplace is safe.
- Following instructions, procedures and policies within the workplace.
- Work and behave in ways which are safe and do not endanger the safety of anyone in the workplace.
- Report any unsafe practices or unsafe tools or machinery to the safety officer.
Implementing the Policy
This policy will be carried out by an OH & S program which includes:
- Active involvement and commitment of managers.
- Identification and involvement of managers.
- Investigation and reporting of all accidents and dangerous incidents.
- Participation of and consultation with, employees on safety matters of significance.
- Provision of first aid and emergency procedures.
- Provision of information, training and supervisors as necessary for safety.
This policy will be reviewed when required by changes in the legislation, or when company operation
requires it. If altered employees will be consulted and notified of the changes.